We are noticing that buyers are wanting more out of their homes, both from house and land. While they might not be explicitly saying things like, “I need more calm” or “We want to raise our children in a healthy, serene environment,” they are suggesting it in nuanced ways. In Greenwich, we are seeing this play out in expressed preferences for both amenities and location, such as the re-discovery of backcountry Greenwich.
As we move towards the lazy days of summer, here are a few things that can shift you towards a healthier, cleaner, greener, and more centered home life.
A strange place to start? Not really. There are literally 1.29 million articles online regarding the importance of a good night’s rest. We agree, and try to get the 7-8 hours of nightly shut-eye that is recommended. Here are a few of our favorites to encourage sleeping sheep.
Two of these natural brands, both with terrific customer service, are right in Greenwich:
- Hästens, located at 21-23 E. Putnam Avenue.
- Naturepedic Organic Mattress Gallery, located at 79 East Putnam Avenue.
- Avocado Green Mattress has only been in business since 2015, when its founders couldn’t find a non-toxic, organic, affordable mattress. We’ve received feedback that the mattresses are truly as good as they sound.
With 1/3 of your life spent between the sheets, organic choices in sheeting are something to think seriously about. Our picks:
What’s your go-to drink to start your day? We’ve been on the hunt for organic options in and around Greenwich.
- Coffee Cafe Roasters on Greenwich Avenue presents “thoughtfully sourced” coffees, teas (including matcha), and gourmet pastries. And if the coffee isn’t enough, the staff exudes positive early morning vibes.
- Lorca Coffee Bar in Cos Cob is located right inside Fleishers Craft Butchery. An artisan coffee shop with organic coffees, matcha, and a variety of milks, including oat milk (our current obsession).
- Organic Pharmer in nearby Rye Brook, NY is all about healing the body and supporting its function through healthy foods. Their juices, smoothies, and shots are the most extensive line that we’ve seen in the area. Organic and made with love.
IN THE AIR
Besides the fresh air that open windows deliver...
- Organic Fusions is professional grade, sleek, and quiet.
- Essential Lavender Oil, available at Whole Foods, is one of our favorite scents.
- We also love Crete’s natural, non-electric diffuser.
- Citarella on the Post Road has an extensive array of cut flowers.
- Banchet at the top of the Avenue has orchids of all kinds and exotic flowers for unique arrangements.
- Winston is our go to for succulents.